For us, home comfort is our singular goal. If you have a problem with your air conditioning unit, you can count on us to provide top-quality AC repair services in the East Lansing, MI area. We service all brands, so we can quickly ascertain the problem and walk you through the possible solutions. Call our HVAC contractors today for AC repairs and more.
Sometimes it's difficult to tell when your A/C is about to stop working, but you can be proactive by contacting the experts at Wilder Mechanical as soon as you spot one of these signs:
- Constantly turning on and off: Air conditioners turn on several times an hour. If they turn off before reaching the right temperature, there is a fault in the system.
- Energy use is rising: If your electric/cooling bills are increasing without a corresponding rise in outside temperature, you need to learn why.
- Poor humidity control: Air conditioning is supposed to manage humidity as well as temperature. If your walls feel damp, your system might not be operating correctly.
- Loud, acute noises during operation: Every A/C makes a little noise but grinding, screeching, or rattling sounds are not normal.
- Ineffective cooling: If your home is not as cool as it should be or was previously, trust your instincts and request a system diagnosis.
- Dripping water below evaporator coil: This part of your A/C can literally freeze if it gets dirty. Prolonging the problem could damage the coil or overwork other components.
- A/C will not turn on: A sure sign you need air conditioning repair service is when your air conditioner won't turn on. A system that will not operate when the thermostat triggers it may need A/C servicing.